Area Coordinator Kids Shine Locals Only Jobs Vacancy in Save The Children
Save The Children urgently required following position for Area Coordinator Kids Shine Locals Only. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Area Coordinator Kids Shine Locals Only Jobs Vacancy in Save The Children Jobs Details:
The Area Coordinator is primarily responsible for community engagement and coordination in the assigned area/s. The post holder ensures an integrated multi sectoral coordination on the implementation of project. The post holder will input into the area strategy, play a key role in assessments and ensure community engagement and coordination is cohesive across both the area and for all technical sectors. The Area Coordinator represents Save the Children in her/his geographic scope such as in schools, communities and with stakeholders, e.g. community leaders, government, and other agencies as required. The post also acts collection of data and information for report and project writing.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years' experience in project management related to School Health and Nutrition, Education and/ or Risk Reduction and Resilience in school setting.
- Proficient in excel to ensure effective budget monitoring
- At least 2 years' experience in community development work
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and engage others effectively
- Experience in supporting MEAL and beneficiary accountability systems in complex programs
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessments and project reports in English.
- Willing to work long hours toward the attainment of project objectives and deliverables; Conscientious; Diligent
- Understanding of Save the Children's methodology and framework on program implementation
- Will adhere and promote Save the Children's Child Safeguarding protocol and its dual mandate (developmental and humanitarian)
- Ability to engage, coordinate stakeholders and community in a collaborative style; program and project implementation skills including planning, monitoring and evaluating, advocacy and problem solving.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail
- Dynamic, youth oriented and team player
- Understands and believes in Save the Children's mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children's methodology and framework.
Contract length: Fixed-term position until December 31, 2019 based in South Central Mindanao Program Office, Koronadal City.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.