Database Architect Jobs Vacancy in Willis Towers Watson Manila
Willis Towers Watson Manila urgently required following position for Database Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Database Architect Jobs Vacancy in Willis Towers Watson Manila Jobs Details:
As a Database Architect you will play a key role in developing and supporting Willis Towers Watson’s client facing products. These products include high concurrency highly transactional systems as well as big data systems with complex reporting and business intelligence requirements. The Database Architect will evaluate and improve existing database structures and play a crucial role in creating evolutionary database models for current and future Towers Watson products.
The Database Architect will be required to analyze an array of product offerings and business requirements within the organization. You will work with the product development teams (e.g. engineering, product managers and analysts) to evaluate and identify solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and creative design techniques to overcome complex business and technical challenges (e.g. maximum performance with complex data sets). Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the other Architects to define database architectures and communicate those designs to business and engineering partners
- Analyze existing data design and suggest improvements that promote performance, stability and interoperability.
- Work with product management and business subject matter experts to translate business requirements into good database design.
- Provide database architecture leadership and mentor projects consisting of WTW employees and outside contractors
- Maintain the governance model on the database architecture through training, design reviews, code reviews, and progress reviews.
- Participate in the development of Database Architecture and Roadmaps in support of business strategies
- Establish and maintain database architecture standards and best practices
- Participle in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience.
- Strong experience in databases, tools and methodologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Database Design, Big Data, In Memory, No SQL
- Experience with database performance evaluation and remediation
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery and implementation
- Be able to design and develop Databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases
- SQL development experience (TSQL, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes….)
- Experience with browser based web applications delivered over the Internet that support high user concurrency
- Experience working with large relational databases
- Ability to develop database strategies for flexible high performance reporting and business intelligence
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum Software Development Life Cycle, across varying levels of Agile maturity
- Experience working with geographically distributed scrum teams
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
- Some functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a PLUS: Talent Management Systems, HR Self-Service, HR Shared Services, HRIS/Payroll, Health & Welfare Administration or Pension Administration, HR Survey systems
- Some travel required (10-15%)
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.